Last Updated November 1, 2019
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and store information about you when you use the Service. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Service’s functionality, improve the Service’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations.
Among the information we collect, please note:
Account Information: If you create an account on ReputationStacker, we may store and use your name, email address and other information you may provide with your account. You can modify some of the information associated with your account by contacting us.
Public Content: The information that you contribute through the Service is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, posts, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information through the Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and reservations and purchases you make through the Service. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by disabling “Location Services” for the ReputationStacker application in iOS privacy settings.
Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
Authentication, Security, and Compliance
Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to use your phone’s geolocation data.
Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.
Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
Managing Cookies: It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking.
3. THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties.
Businesses on ReputationStacker: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your submissions to the Service, your devices, and your use of the Service with businesses listed on ReputationStacker.
Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you flag or otherwise complain to ReputationStacker about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
Links: The Service may contain links to unaffiliated third party services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
Facebook and Twitter: If you sign up for ReputationStacker using your Facebook account or link your ReputationStacker account to your account with a third party service like Facebook or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third party service. We may use this information to help you create your account on ReputationStacker and connect and share public content with your friends and followers. You can manage how you link your ReputationStacker account to third party services here. Please note that if you interact with Facebook, Twitter, or other third party icons through the Service, including “Like,” “Share,” or similar buttons, those companies may collect information about you, such as your device’s IP address. Your interactions with these and other third parties are governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
4. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. RIGHTS SPECIFIC TO THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, UNITED KINGDOM, AND SWITZERLAND
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom (“UK”) or Switzerland (collectively “European Country” or “EC”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of an EC, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to process personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., hosting end-user data as part of the ReputationStacker services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- You have provided consent for us to process your personal data.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of an EC, you may have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of an EC and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your EEA local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. To contact the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), please see https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/. To contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (“FDPIC”), please see https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/links/data-protection---switzerland.html. http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
9. PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is collected and shared. Your rights under California law include:
- Right to Know about Personal Information Collected and Disclosed: You have the right to request that we provide details about the personal information we collect about you, which includes the categories of information we collect, the categories of sources from which your information is collected, the business or commercial purposes for collecting personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information that we collect about you. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us. For password-protected accounts, we will verify your request by utilizing the existing authentication practices for your account. We will require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing your personal information. For non-account holders, we will verify your request by matching pieces of personal information you provide in your request, such as your email address, with information that we already maintain about you. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf where you provide sufficient evidence to show that the requestor is an authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and you successfully identify your own identity with us via the email address we have associated with your account.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we collect. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us. For password-protected accounts, we will verify your request by utilizing the existing authentication practices for your account. We will require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing your personal information. For non-account holders, we will verify your request by matching pieces of personal information you provide in your request, such as your email address, with information that we already maintain about you. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf where you provide sufficient evidence to show that the requestor is an authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and you successfully identify your own identity with us via the email address we have associated with your account.